Search This Blog

Thursday, August 12, 2010

My Preferred Prancing Horse…

…is this Lancia :-)
A precursor to this beauty is of course, the legendary 1956 Lancia-Ferrari of Juan Manuel Fangio. Soon after Lancia racing team was integrated with Ferrari in the 50’s, came the takeover of Fiat in the late 60’s. In the 70’s, Lancia needed another shot of Italian DNA to bring it back to legendary form. This time around the great designer Marcello Gandini’s penned the desirable wedge-shaped Stratos, which I feel is the best Lancia of all. A Ferrari powered Lancia at that!

Of the small scale versions, the Tomicas are my preference.

This Tomy pair depicts the two famous Lancia Stratos!

1976 Lancia Stratos HF 1976 Monte Carlo Rally Winner #10


1977 Lancia Stratos TURBO Gr.5 Giro d'Italia Race Winner #539

9 comments:

JDMike's Diecast Site said...

now you got my full attention hehe, those are lovely and are vhtf these days, congrats Erwin! :-)

komenda said...

Haha! I knew you'll like the rally Stratos, Mike :-)
The (the Giro version) I got 14 years back so dirt cheap :-) Really amazing and surprised to know they are sought after these day!

Kin said...

Hi Ecm,

Nice Lancia rally car.I missed this collection.

Thanks,
kin.

danielh said...

nice pair!
i have yet to find these tomicas version and these Lancia Stratos are my favourites cars.

Hope to get them soon.

Maarten said...

Wow, those Tomica versions always amaze me, they are so beautiful, as is the real car! :)
A German fan paid Pininfarina to design a modern interpretation of these lines, and had it built on a Ferrari 360 chassis. Looks nice! :)

Cheers,
Maarten

komenda said...

Thanks Danielh! I share your fascination with old school Tomicas. Happy hunting :-)

komenda said...

Kin, glad you liked the Stratos :-) Thanks!

komenda said...

Hi Maarten,
I knew you'll appreciate the Tomica Stratos. I'm smitten by them as well :-)
Yup, with that new Pininfarina Stratos-like car, it could be then the continuation of the Lancia-Ferrari connection :-) Really cool!
Cheers!
Erwin

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting, You're a very skilled blogger. I've joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your magnificent post. Also, I've shared your website in my social networks!