Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Superb Mercury Speedy

Holy grail series

There are things that simply are thought provoking for me.
A deep inquisition on how things were designed and made during previous decades.
Previously powerful PC and CNC tools weren’t available then, and yet much masterpieces of product designs were achieved in the 60’s or even later decades.
I start to imagine a 1966 Porsche Carrera 6 - the epitome of street legal Stuttgart race car; its 6 cylinder boxer engine, drive-train and shapely bodywork are marvels of car design and engineering. Every part is hand drawn and then manufactured. From plans in paper, to its realization in metal; an awesome feat in every respect.

This applies to my amazement of the Mercury Speedy’s version of the Porsche Carrera 6.
From my point of view, it is unbelievable that this is 4 decade old product.
Wonderful detail abounds, and those wheels are a sight to behold! Having rubber tire threads for a 3” inch car from that era is commendable.
I really don’t know if it just me, but surely those who made this Speedy earns my admiration and respect!

The Speedy’s box is as delicate as the model

Every angle …

…is a joy to glimpse.

Italian made masterpiece.

Bravo!

No comments: