Search This Blog

Friday, May 05, 2006

What's in a name? A name says a lot.
Some are blessed with parents, who fittingly gave you the best name there is.
I feel I'm one of those.
Well to state one of my blessings, I was christened "Erwin" by Mom & Pop.
The name meant "triumph" says the book of names.
Maybe with a little syllable rearranging "er-win" turns into "win-er" or "winner".
The great German WWII Field Marshal of the Deutsches Afrika Korps is Erwin Rommel.
This "Desert Fox" was a great leader, admired by both his men and his adversaries as well.
With perseverance, discipline and commitment I could at least be half as great as this guy.
The creative genius of Erwin Komenda brought about the development of famous German cars.
This designer was the chief stylist of Ferdinand Porsche, and his work includes the VW Beetle, Kubelwagen, Schwimmwagen, Cisitalia, Porsche 356 and Porsche 550.
With creativity, passion and insatiable drive I could at least be half as great as this guy.
Half of Rommel, half of Komenda is my life long journey as a person.

No comments: